Monday, July 13, 2009

Blake's room is officially done!!!

Of course...the little super star himself!

The room wouldn't be complete without the perfect giraffe nightlight

Not the greatest picture of the giraffe wall hanging but it will do.


The chest of drawers Erik painted with the pedestal. It's so nice to have it a perfect height!



Last but not least...the best part!!! It's not shown in the picture but I found these perfect fitted sheets for the mattress that are a light lime green. Couldn't match any better!




Okay, ever since we moved to Oklahoma Blake's room has been a work in progress. I wanted to do neutral colors so if I need to I can use it for a girl as well with just a few changes. So I chose green and brown and the giraffe for Blake's theme. My mom did a FANTASTIC job making the bedding and making the cover for the chair. We found that chair at a garage sale for $30! It was light oak with baby blue cushions...we saw the potential it had! Nothing a little paint couldn't handle. So Erik spray painted it and my mom recovered it! The chest of drawers were given to us by Erik's parents and Erik just painted it to match the green in the room. He also made the little pedestal for it so it could be taller for us. I did help too, I made the curtains on both windows and made the quilt hanging on the wall. My first wall hanging. I think it all came together perfectly.

3 comments:

  1. Love the room! It turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hah-look at you...crafty lady:) that wall hanging is so cute. I love the room. Blake is getting so big. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous!!! His room is so cute. It has inspired me to work on Gracie's room a little more as it has bare walls.

    ReplyDelete