Thursday, July 9, 2009

Looking back....we will be at this weight again (or pretty dang close)!!

This was the first day we met!!
Don't mind the one handed photographer. Just about every picture we took while dating was taken by Erik with the long arms. (no one was ever with us!)








Alright, Erik and I are getting serious (about our weight that is). Since we've been married we've both put on extra baggage that was NOT NECESSARY. We've started the journey of down sizing. We're not only doing it for the weight loss, but to be healthier as well. I purchased a book the other week that focuses on calorie counting and high fiber. These past two weeks I've been on what's called "boot camp" (sounds fun,right?) and it keeps me at a certain number of calories for the 2 weeks, then I move up a notch and add more calories (don't worry, I'm not starving myself, it's actually pretty satisfying) Last week alone I lost 6.5 lbs. and since we've moved here Erik has lost about 10 lbs. Our goals are pretty realistic. I'd like to lose another 15 lbs. and Erik 25. Looking back at our "dating/wedding" pictures has made us realize even more how important it is. So, I'll keep you updated each week on our journey.




3 comments:

  1. Good for you guys! Way to go! Can't wait to see all of your amazing results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great goal to have together- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good luck! I want to lose about 15 lbs too but first i need to find someone who would come to the gym with me:)

    ReplyDelete